Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

You Snooze...You Miss!! You Allow Clutter...You Miss!!

Yessssss, Yesssss, Yessss, Yessss, the...co-pilot....has.....now...been....officially. engaged.  The countdown can't be any more serious than this.  My first time launching a collection in New York during Fashion Week.  

"Evelyn, you need to write a book, do a movie or something..." those were the words that came through the phone this morning as I was going over the ever changing plans of my show.  I actually started writing when I first moved to America as a result of a culture shock.  My life is full of life itself... I have learnt to use lemons to make lemonade if lemons are what I stumble upon. 

God the father continues to give me all these different awesome lemonade recipes by officiating my life, God the Son adds this awesome water by orchestrating my life and God the Holy Spirit adds the most temperature changing ice cubes by executing my life.  Without this trinity I really would not be where I am today.  

My lights shined brightly in my head when I read the story of Jacob and how for as long as he wasn't going where God had instructed him to... all the wells they were digging for water were dry.  It wasn't until he finally decided to be obedient and go where God had sent him that he found water. After a heartfelt convo with a friend I  decided to be obedient and make the move to New York which I had been fighting  since 2010.  When God says move, we have to move and trust him to open doors that no man can open.  I know there are many waiting for the success story but just as many, if not many more waiting for the weakest link story.  Fortunately..... even though I make clothes for women, I don't seek praises from man because my father said I shouldn't.  I strongly believe I was given a gift for a reason.  

I didn't mean to preach today..I just couldn't help reflecting on who is ordering my footsteps. I am learning that jobs come and go, beauty fades, markets rise and fall.  Even close relationships can end.  The bible that I read teaches me principles that lead to freedom, and lasting happiness. I was starting to get stressed out about not reaching my financial goal to showcase my capsule collection, in the show that I wanted to...but when we make our own plans God has his way of reminding us that we have to live his plan.  I still get to show my collection but all of a sudden my financial goal has decreased and is now more feasible.  Everything that happens in my life has been to teach me a lesson and I would like to think that I am good student.  I feel I am ready for it all.....my career, the major retail stores, the dating, the hubby, the son, and all, because we are warned to not fear man.  Maybe now the "why are you single?" questions can now finally cease and desist.. I wrote my vision and make it plain on a table that he may run that readeath it; it will come it will not tarry...sayeth the Lord!!!  Habakkuk 2:2-4.  My daughter and I did on December 30th 2011 after a trip to Michaels for some arts and crafts.  Come July 2012 95% of our vision has come and did not tarry. 

Some pictures from this week as I was getting my inspiration at Lincoln Center...  I can't do this by myself, I am making clothes for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, enjoy!!!! Love you guys much... until next time. Stay prayerful, encouraged, positive and loving!!! Muah!, muah!!, Muah!!!


My new gadget and best porridge ever.."Pumpkin Porridge




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your so welcome love! You keep your head up and keep moving forward! I love you and pray for you daily. Hold on because your vision is coming sooner and bigger then you could even amagine! Stand still and watch God move!