Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Week 1 August 13 - August 17

Forte Green (Brooklyn) Board of Education, My daughter's cupcakes, EL SS'13(fun back details)


Week 1 was VERY hectic!!!! ....a continuation of the week prior where I attempted to raise funds to pay for my NYFW show.  I reached out to friends and Ryan touched my heart by making the first donation, considering I've only known him for less than 2 months.  Ryan has been extremely supportive and inspiring as a fellow designer.      Bahja followed, then Tracy and Martha.  I was overwhelmed by their support and how much they believe in my vision.  I was humbled and am VERY much obliged....  If anyone wants to donate please click on the donate button on the top right hand side of the page.  

After a short celebration of the success of my studio session for the promo clip and my donations, it was back to balancing my career, motherhood and a personal life which is the norm for me.  I got my proof of residency letter from Con Edison, so I finally was able to go down to the Brooklyn Board of Education as seen in the picture above to register my daughter for High School.  Gosh!!! High School.....I still am trying to come to terms with my angel starting High School.  Her passion for baking cupcakes and making bracelets has been put on hold for a while as she prepares for her audition and testing for several performing schools.  We got her ticket for LaGuardia and Stuyvesant.....  In the midst of my motherhood duties I still had to finish the back of this cobalt blue dress.  There is nothing like a woman's dress leaving a memorable expression as she exits a room.  The back detail of this dress is to die for....  Stay tuned to see what I have worked up for the EL girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go lady!! Really excited about this collection.