Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yesterday I decided to get everyone involved in helping me pick my fabric pairing for the dress I am working on.  I am excited about the use of my African fabric and marrying it with some fun solids.  Please leave me a comment on whether you think I should use A..the "Purple", B..the "Cobalt", C...the "Canary Yellow" or D.. the Pink.  I was also thinking green...








Soooooo.....The R&B Divas season premier was last night.  I went to a private viewing at Highland Park NYC to celebrate with Monifah.  I had to wear one of the pieces from my very first spring/summer 2013 collection.  I must say the feedback when I was on the train, sidewalks and all around was motivating and..... VERY humbling.  It really got overwhelming on the train as people tried to figure out how I made the bodice of the jumpsuit.  So below I have included different snap shots when I was at home getting dressed. Let me know what you guys think. I have also included snapshots of Grand Central Terminal and nearby buildings which I fell in love with.  I finally got to walk on Park Avenue.  Now I got to take my daughter, so she could also experience the energy.




With Alita on the left and Monifah on the right.
EL Spring/Summer 2013 Sneak Peak


Grand Central Terminal 42nd Street


See you guys tomorrow....
xoxoxo


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok! You know I think it should be purple!
Charlene Pridgen

Anonymous said...

I like the bold yellow fabric to go with that piece.

Anonymous said...

I really like the yellow for the contrast , the other colors just blend in.

mika mars said...

I think that the purple is a great choice. It is one of the pantone colors for fall next year and it will compliment any print especially on darker skin.

Colbalt would be a great choice as well as it looks great on any skin tone and is a very fresh take. Try the two on with great statement pieces and different makeup looks...like a great smokey eye with gold or brown accents and a natural glossy lip. Makeup Forever has great makeup products.

I obviously love to style a woman from head to toe. :)

Good Luck.

Mika-Mars

Anonymous said...

I think the Bold Yellow would work very well. I know whatever decision you make will be successful.

Anonymous said...

I think you should go with "PURPLE." It's a royalty colour and with your remarkable creativity it will complement the perfect body with elegance.



~Nore

Anonymous said...

RobbieSimone is going with PINK!!! P.S. I Miss my friend!

Kadian said...

I'm all about the cobalt!!!! Lol!!! I know whatever color you choose it will be beautiful.
-KDN

Anonymous said...

Purple my dear. Think of that color on chocolate skin

Karen Slade said...

I lie the purple.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. You all totally rock!!!

xoxoxo
EL

Anonymous said...

i think it should be then yellow

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but my vote is for yellow!

Anonymous said...

I think the purple

Valerie Fowler said...

Yellow for contrast & vibrancy.

Aziza Ireland said...

I think you should use the canary yellow and the pink. But Eve I dont know if you are just trying to make a few dresses which i think u should or 1 because that will help stretch the fabric. I think you could do a couple you know me and my bright designer ideas lol.

The Riley Method said...

YELLOW!

ernestina dandy said...

Purple purple purple.....