Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

I WANT SOME ICE-CREAM!!! I WANT SOME ICE-CREAM!!!

I know it's been a month since I wrote anything.  Life has been full itself.  I look up....  & my favourite season is here....Autumn for some and Fall for others.  I love the fact that I can layer up & keep warm.  One thing I know is I can't run around naked when I am hot, thanks to Adam & Eve. As most know already...we are going to have a VERY long winter.  So make sure you are rocking your EL Outerwear to stay warm.  I rocked one today.....

EL Tulip 100% Wool Coat

Here in New York the attitude is somber post Hurricane Sandy.  My heart goes out to all those affected.  My daughter and I were blessed to only suffer wind effects and not the flooding or power lose.  I will never forget that feeling when windows shook, and trees whistled all night. There are still thousands without power a week after the storm. There are a lot of people in need of clothes, comforters etc as we are faced with freezing temperatures, and as we are also facing yet another storm in a the days to come. My heart aches, and bleeds as I hear and see stories of people that have lost their children and loved ones.  I just pray that everyone finds peace and comfort through it all.


TREES UPROOTED IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD


MY DAUGHTER & I WALKED OVER THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE AND THAT'S MANHATTAN WITH NO LIGHTS.  PEOPLE WALKED OVER TO BROOKLYN GET FOOD

Leading up to the hurricane my week was full of sleepless nights as I frequented the Garment District, found my new favourite fabric store, making pieces for a client going on tour to making a hot dress for the Awards in LA.  Whoever thought me giving out my business card to a lady in an ice-cream  shop will land me a gig with an 8 times Grammy Award winning client.  It just goes to show how GOD places us perfectly in the right situations.  I wanted to get Coldstone Creamery Ice-cream for my daughter that day but a friend insisted we go to a local ice-cream shop.  I gave my card to a lady that was in the shop and that evening I got a vey humbling email and a couple of weeks later I was getting a call from my client's stylists.


......Never wait for someone to ask for your business card, sell yourself!!!!!!! is my new motto. You are your own brand.  You can never have enough clients.  It is no secret what GOD can do.  What He's done for me, He'll do for you also.



Remember... We are Christ's "letter of recommendation" to all who read our lives. Stay loving, forgive, live, and love more.

- Evelyn 



No comments: