Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Asked to hold a diamond bracelet and car title in exchange for clothes...

As promised, today I will post a pic of one of the pieces from the EL Spring '13 after the event tonight.  Yesterday I had all my dates mixed up...that's what happens when you don't get sleep.  I did an all-nighter finishing off a piece for the collection which I made so my girl could wear to an event as my muse.  After getting dressed, I get a text telling me event was on Thursday and not Wednesday.  Imagine that...looool!! So we had to get undressed because we had missed all the other shows already.  I am now heading out to Lincoln Park for 2 shows followed by a red carpet event tonight at 10pm.  Pics will be coming soon, this is all after I stop by my side gig to take pics of the soup of the day and their handmade juices so I can update their facebook page.  

On Tuesday the disappointment from not raising enough money for showing as I wanted department from me as I have had to continue moving on.  I think because I suspected on August 31st that it was going to be a milestone made it a little easier to move on and finish preparations of the new date and new location. I really feel blessed to still have a support system from those that donated and are still donating rallying behind me to make this happen.  Thank You!!...and this is really from the bottom of my heart.

As I personally know who orders my footsteps I know things are happening the way they are supposed to.  This process has taught me a lot. I know a lot of people has great intentions but at some point it's healthy to realize that promises without action never get anything done.  It's just that in this industry its' hard being your own PR, Designer, Sample maker, Select your own models, Book your own venue, and let's not forget being a mother and all that comes with it and that's all putting it lightley..... oooh!!!!! and not forgetting my side gig so I can pay bills and feed my child and start paying off all my debt out there and believe me it's a lot.  That's the life I chose, so I am going all the way.   I was really fortunate  to find something I can still do from home.  I am putting my computer skills to work by working on a website, maintaing a facebook and twitter accounts for a local Caribbean Restaurant.  

In life I have now come to terms also with the fact that you have different levels of support and friends.  I thank Ryan for helping me realize this and come out of my denial phase.  I was one day talking to him about my event and he sent me a text to read Romans 8:28 and also reminded me that God is allowing me to see who I should and should not trust and that what God has for me is for me.  I just love him and thank Rico everyday for introducing us.  I am still like a baby..when babies get burnt by fire, when they heal they go back to the same fire saying hot! hot!!.  That's the story of my life.  I know what's good for   me but I always tolerate what I shouldn't...God help me.  

Adversity does show a person's true character.. It wasn't until I got stuck in a quick sand I saw people for who they really are.  When things are good everything is good, but the minute you go through hell, you look around and everyone scrams but that's not after telling you what you should do.  The last few years have been very challenging but eye opening....from eviction processes to having no food.  Someone said to me the other day that I don't look like what I was going through.  I am not where I want to be and not I want to be BUT I am glad I am not where I was and who I was.  When you deal with clients who don't respect your craft you end up in situations that are not pretty.  I once had a client offer to pay me with her diamond bracelet and her husband's car title because she couldn't pay her $2,400 invoice.  She ended up paying $1,400 by then my leasing office has already filed an eviction and the Marshals are knocking on my door.  Fortunately the rent gets paid but apparently once they come they still have to proceed.  So we had them to watch them finish and then turn around and put the stuff back into the apartment.  This 2010 process broke me down and changed my outlook on life.  I never knew what it was like to have your stuff put out.  When you spend time sewing you expect to get paid just like a nurse gets paid for all the work they did.  For some reason my business practices were not effective, which is why now you have to pay me up front for me to do any work for you.  When you go to Neimans you pay before you get merchandise.  2011 was no different.  Here I am 2012 stronger and enjoying my new season and reaching for the stars..

As a result of my experiences.. I have to put those in my close circle into different categories in order for me to grow and move in the right direction.  I must emphasize that I don't expect anything from anyone and seek praises only from GOD!!  It's just that in-order to have a healthy life I have decided only to keep those that are good for me and vise versa.  If every time I share something good with you and you always laugh or make a slick remark whether it's directly to me or behind my back..I just have to really move on.  Friendship has to be effortless and I'm not perfect so if anyone feels the same way about me I respect it.  As we get older we lose patience I guess for any bull in our lives.  I have been blessed with some friends like Trice (but not limited to) , we might not talk everyday but the love never ends.  When you have a friend that understands you and vise versa without getting mad because we all handle things differently is priceless.  We might go for months without talking but when we talk it's like we never stopped.  I love low maintenance friendship loool, it's really because I have so much going on.  Being around my homies is so stress free though because you never have to hear anyone talk about others..  

Anyway have a productive day...I am in a second.  Enjoy your day and stay prayed.  God answers prayers..look at my life and you will see how has moved in my life.  I hope my story will help others realize that faith and being obedient is all we need and he'll never forsake us.  I am going to continue sharing my journey as I am being molded.

A tribute to my bestie Priscilla who went home to be with the Lord in 1997.  She was a friend like no other.  I loved this chic and still do.  I realized also that I think I built this wall because the pain I suffered and which I still feel from losing her is unbearable.  If you open a dictionary I really think her face should be next to the definition of friendship.  I now also tend to compare her to those in my life..which is not fare.. I guess.  

 Enoch and I. (Priscilla's lil brother...my brother) surprised me 2 weekends ago and I am still in awe.


Love you guys!!!
Hugs and kisses


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you girl! Go and light up N.Y. Tonight.

Unknown said...

Where are you! Call me!!! I love you!