Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Giving Away an EL Exclusive....The Monday After Pharrell and Jannelle Monae

Today I had to take my daughter to Stuyvesant High School for testing.   I look the way I do in the video below because I only 2 hours of sleep.  I have a special prize for one viewer.   After watching the video let me know what color tank top was the last jogger in my background rocking?????  Leave your comment with the correct color and we will do a draw live on the blog and the winner will get an EL exclusive from the new collection.  Let's keep it fun.. Guys you can participate for you mother, sister, girlfriend or your wife.




This past weekend was the 8th annual Afro Punk Fest at Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn.  This was my daughter and I's second concert together and the caviar is that it was FREE!!!! of charge...  The line up included Erykah Badu on Day 1 as the headliner with Jannelle Monae on Day 2.  My daughter was disappointed because Gym Class Heroes cancelled but by the time Jannelle Monae was on song number 2, she was all smiles and in a screaming battle with the thousands of New Yorkers that were in the park.   

Pharrell introducig Jannelle Monae

Jannelle Monae and her band KILLIN' IT!!!





I was faced with a decision of letting my daughter stay in the house and prepare for her specialized testing on Monday morning or let her go to the concert.  These decisions are never easy for me as a mother.  I always find myself being a little lenient with my daughter ever since her dad moved away in 2010 because she was affected by the sudden move.  I think for me it was more so the not saying bye in person…no hugs and kisses.  I remember having to tell her he had cancelled on their dinner date because he didn’t have time because he had to get on the road.  I found myself allowing her to do things I would never have allowed previously.  I find myself wearing the many hats of being a mother, a friend, the sister that she doesn’t have and the only one thing that  I can never be for her is be a father.  As a sister, a mother and a friend I can be that for my daughter but I can never know what it's like to be a man.  All I know is little girls need their fathers in their life so that they can have a healthy relationship with their partners.  When I hear people say Happy Father’s day to a woman…it boogles my mind.  A woman can never bring to the table what a man can and I feel we are not sending the right message to a child when we allow them to look at us as we are filling in the father void.  I had to nip it in the butt the first time my daughter told me happy father’s day.  We had a loooong talk and one thing I have always tried to maintain is a good relationship between her and her father and make her think that she has the best father in the world. I watched my mother do the same with my brothers, sisters & I when my father died, she subconsciously turned everything up a notch, and I saw right through it.  My heart used to just ache for her because she didn’t want us to miss our father as much as she did.  My father was the only one that bought us sodas once a month...all of a sudden my mother was allowing it. This was something she had opposed for years.

Overall the concert was serious and testing went well despite the rain.

Hugs & Kisses to all and thank you again for visiting
......Evelyn


3 comments:

EVELYN LAMBERT'S FASHION JOURNEY said...

it is the purple

Cindy said...

The tank is purple. I'm praying your daughter get in the best school. Great blog Evelyn!

EVELYN LAMBERT'S FASHION JOURNEY said...

Thanks Cindy!!! I will keep you posted..